Semolina Breakfast Porridge
One of my all time favourite breakfast options because it’s so easy, so tasty and balancing all year round. Enjoy xx
½ cup semolina
1 cup water
1-2 cup full-cream, non-homogenised milk
¼ cup almonds, soaked, peeled and chopped
¼ cup raisins, soaked
1 pinch ground cardamom
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons of raw sugar or jaggery
1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
1. Heat ghee/ oil in a pan on medium heat.
2. Roast semolina for a few minutes until it turns golden. Be careful not to let it burn.
3. Add 1⁄2 cup water and mix with a spoon or whisk to avoid lumps. Add remaining water and cook.
4. Add almonds, raisins, cardamom, cinnamon and sugar. Stir everything well.
5. Add milk and continue to stir.
6. Keep adding milk and stir continuously, cooking for another few minutes until it thickens and you find a consistency that you like.
Good for Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Balancing in all seasons.
Great breakfast for everyone, especially young children.
Anyone with Kapha aggravations such as congestion, cold and asthma should only use water.
Milk is a better option for people Vata aggravations such as ungroundedness.