How to Make Your Own Ayurvedic Moisturiser
Shata Dhauta Ghrita, otherwise known as 100x washed ghee or simply, Ayurvedic Moisturiser.
This ancient and all-natural creation works on damaged skin as it penetrates and nourishes all seven layers of tissue. It soothes skin irritation and inflammation, and is great in the reduction of burns, scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, eczema and acne.
Here's how to make your very own:
1. Make your own ghee or buy organic ghee from your local health or Indian grocery store. You will need 500g.
2. Add ghee to a stand mixer or food processor.
3. Add 3-4 cups of cold water and start the mixture. Initially water will mix but soon after it will separate.
4. Pour the water out and add fresh water again.
5. Repeat this process 100x or until the mixture is white and fluffy and there is no smell of ghee.
Let me know if you have any questions x